Saturday, September 21, 2013

Grocery Shopping with Kids


If you're a mom you know how hard it can be to take young children to the grocery store sometimes. I know other moms who hire a babysitter just to go grocery shopping because they dread dragging their children along with them. In the past my parents or my in-laws sometimes took care of my little ones if I knew I had a long grocery-shopping trip ahead of me. But, most of the time I have all three kids in tow. To make it fun I try my best to include them in the actual grocery shopping. These are some of my tips to make for a smooth shopping trip.

1. Feed your child beforehand or bring a snack for them to eat in the cart. Just like an adult shouldn’t go grocery shopping on an empty stomach, you should not take your hungry kids shopping either. Otherwise, you may hear, “Can we get this?” a lot.
2. Let them help write the grocery lists. Let them choose one snack, fruit, or favorite cereal of their choice to add to the list before you leave the house.
3. Have shopping helpers. Ask your child to add an item from your list into the basket. My kids love placing items into the cart and being a part of the shopping process. They have fun unloading the groceries at checkout time, too!
4. Play games along the way. (i.e., “I spy a fruit that is green.” Or “Who can find the Cheerios box first?”)
5. Give your child his or her own Grocery List. This is one of my kid’s favorite things to do at the grocery store. I made a printable grocery list just for them. It has both pictures and words and a spot to “check” off their items. Mini clipboards work great for this and kids LOVE them!

Kid's Grocery List Printable

Want a copy of this Kid's Grocery List? Feel free to download and print from the link below! Leave me a comment on how you make shopping with children easier or just leave a comment letting me know that you stopped by! Don't forget to share!

Free Printable Kid's Grocery List here.

Happy Shopping!

17 comments:

  1. Nice blog. Child love clothes with different colours, and love toys too. You can visit to Baby product online in India, for all kinds of child accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Low fat food at grocery stores with nutritional facts http://healthygrocery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. kids
    Thanks for sharing this useful info..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please continue this great work and I look forward to more of your awesome blog posts. 성인용품창업

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work.Kroger customer survey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this information. It is very helpful for me. visit this

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!.
    https://wvw-greatpeople.me/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your music is amazing. You have very talented artists. I wish you the best of success.
    https://www-expresshr.us/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I find reading this article a joy. It is extremely helpful and interesting and very much looking forward to reading more of your work..
    seo tools

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!.
    UPS employee portal

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. grocery pickup app Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You shouldn’t have to put your plans on the backburner just because you have a challenging credit history. With Indigo Mastercard you can build credit while you go where you want, when you want.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Mama Gets It Done! I love hearing from you!