Wednesday, January 22, 2014

100th Day of School Lunch Ideas

In a couple of weeks my children will be celebrating their 100th day of school at their elementary. Most of the day will be devoted to 100th Day activities in the classroom (at least, in the lower grades). They can bring a collection of 100 things and wear t-shirts with 100 objects or pictures on it. (Note to self: I really need to get working on my son's 100th Day of School shirt soon.) But, today I wanted to share a couple of ways I made my daughter's past lunches special for her on the 100th day of school.

It can actually be pretty easy to change your regular lunch into a fun, 100th Day lunch!
  • Make the number "1" with simple food items (Pretzel sticks, carrots or veggie sticks, Twinkies, string cheese/cheese sticks)
  •  Make the number "0" out of everyday foods (Mini donuts, Ritz crackers, cookies, peanut butter crackers, Cheerios or Fruit Loops) 
  • Find snack packages with the number "100" on it (100-calorie snack bags are perfect for this or treat them with a "100 Grand" fun-size candy bar)
  • Use your cookie cutters, shape cutters, or a knife to shape food into numbers (Sliced cheese, cold-cuts, strawberries & Kiwi slices.etc)
  • Make a snack mix of 100 pieces of different snacks (Goldfish, marshmallows, raisins, Cheerios, Rice Chex cereal, pretzels, M&Ms or Skittles, Cheeze-Its, peanuts, etc.) Our kids usually do this as one of their classroom activities, so I don't add that to their lunches.
  • Add a "Happy 100th Day of School" note or make cute cards with the number"100" on it.
  • Include a treat of 100 mini-stickers for later!


My son has already chosen what he wants to take for his collection of 100 things. We counted it three times! 100 army men. I didn't know he had that many, but that explains why I am perpetually finding army men in the house!


Does your child's school celebrate the 100th day of school? If a 100th Day celebration is in your child's future, don't forget to pack them a lunch and send them off with 100 kisses!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Mama Gets It Done! I love hearing from you!