Saturday, February 1, 2014

Valentine's Day Creation Station


Valentine's Day is quickly approaching! I made one comment about Valentine's Day to my kids, and that is all it took. They began asking begging to make Valentine's cards and crafts with me. The good thing is I am always replenishing my craft supplies so we have enough art supplies for such an occasion. The problem is that all the craft and art supplies are scattered in different places around the house.

I thought the best way to kick-start our craft time would be to get a little organized first. I wanted to set up all their supplies in a special way, too. Why not surprise the kids with a Valentine's Creation Station? Everything would be at their fingertips and they could let their creative minds go wild!

I raided my own craft containers, pulled out my leftover Valentine's craft supplies from last year, and went around the house to gather their usual supplies. After I had everything I went on to organize and set up a surprise Creation Station for after school.


Organize your children's craft supplies for easy access.



Here is a list of  some of the supplies that can be used to make your own Valentine's Day Creation Station:
  • Glue 
  • Scissors & craft edged scissors
  • Crayons, markers, paints
  • Construction paper
  • Scrapbook or patterned paper
  • Valentine's Day stickers
  • Foam stickers
  • Valentine confetti
  • Stamps & Ink pads
  • Twine, ribbon, lace
  • Stencils
  • Doilies
  • Glitter and glitter glue pens

I found these cute, little tin heart containers with lids on sale last year. They were the perfect sized containers to hold small stickers and all those tiny confetti pieces. We just snapped the lids back on for easy clean-up.


I encourage you to pull out your craft supplies and set up a Valentine Creation Station just for your kids! It does not have to be anything fancy, but they will appreciate some (organized) fun options.






4 comments:

  1. That's a great idea to organize all of your supplies instead of just laying them out on the table. Thanks for sharing this at our Making Monday link party. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a creation station. So clever, and easy for the kids to grab whenever they feel like getting creative.

    I saw your post on the polkadots on parade Wed. link party:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Mama Gets It Done! I love hearing from you!